- Add all ingredients (except toppings) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into glass(es) (or bowls if making smoothie bowls), optionally add toppings and enjoy!
It’s quite possible that this smoothie has all the makings of perfection in a cup. It's packed with superfoods (like avocado, flax and maca), protein, fruit and veggies. Veggies? That's right. Steamed then frozen veggies like cauliflower and zucchini are not only high in nutrients and fiber, but also the key to the creamiest smoothie possible (and don’t lend a veggie flavor!).
This decadently nourishing breakfast / snack / dessert calls for our Bliss cacao elixir blend, which in itself is a powerhouse of an ingredient, giving this smoothie its stress supporting, calming and mood boosting power. And when you top a chocolatey creation with strawberries, there really is no better pairing. Our good friend and Holistic Wellness Coach Sloane Elizabeth knew exactly what she was doing when she created this smoothie masterpiece.
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Bliss Cacao elixir
- ½ cup steamed then frozen zucchini
- ½ cup steamed then frozen cauliflower
- 1 scoop protein powder of choice (*use plant-based to keep recipe vegan, and paleo-friendly protein if needed)
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 1 tsp cacao nibs
- pinch of cinnamon
- ¼ avocado
- 1 tbsp flax seeds
- ½ to 1 cup plant-based milk of choice (to your desired consistency)
- suggested toppings: strawberries, yogurt of choice, cacao nibs and bee pollen (*omit bee pollen to keep recipe vegan)