Peach, Mango & Cardamom Crumble
This perfectly sweet, nutty, gluten-free peach & mango crumble (or “crisp” – same same!) is summer in a bowl! So decadent yet so nourishing, it doubles as breakfast. Serve topped with creamy vanilla ice cream or yogurt and a sprinkle of hemp seeds for an extra protein punch. If you miraculously have leftovers (or want to prepare dessert in advance), the crumble keeps for up to 3 days in the fridge – just reheat and devour!
Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Vegan & Dairy-free optional
- 3 large & ripe peaches (any variety), pitted and cut into 1” pieces
- 1 ripe mango (ideally alphonso but any variety works), peeled, pitted and cut into 1” pieces (*or another 2 peaches)
- Optional: 1 tbsp maple syrup (if you like your crumble on the sweeter side)
- Optional: tiny pinch vanilla bean powder
- ¼ cup (25 g) millet, sorghum or brown rice flour
- 3 tbsp (20 g) teff flour (*or the same amount of any of the above flours)
- ⅓ cup (35 g) almond flour
- 1 tbsp (7 g) tapioca or arrowroot flour/starch
- ½ cup (55 g) rolled oats (certified gluten-free if needed)
- ½ cup (60 g) pecans, roughly chopped (or sub 20 g pecans with the same amount of pine nuts)
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp (55 g) coconut sugar
- ½ tsp ground cardamom
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp (24 g) coconut oil, softened
- 3 tbsp ( 36 g) ghee, softened (*or the same amount of coconut oil to keep vegan)
For Serving (optional)
- Vanilla ice cream or Greek yogurt (dairy or dairy-free)
- Bee pollen (omit to keep vegan) or hemp seeds, for sprinkling
- Preheat oven (with rack in the centre) to 350ºF / 175ºC.
- Lightly brush a 9” x 9” (or round 9”) baking dish with coconut oil.
- Filling: In a medium bowl, toss together all of the filling ingredients and pour into the prepared pan. Set aside.
- Topping: In a large bowl, combine all of the topping ingredients except the oil and ghee and stir to combine. Add the oil and ghee and using your clean hand or a fork, mix until no dry spots remain and clumps form.
- Top the peach and mango mixture with the crumble topping, distributing evenly and sprinkling loosely – do not pack it down. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm scooped into small bowls with ice cream, yogurt or other toppings of your choice.
Do ahead: Crumble can be baked 2-3 days ahead. Store in the fridge and reheat to serve.