- In an upright blender, combine all ingredients except Focus (or matcha powder) and collagen powder. Slowly bring the speed up to high and blend until elixir is completely smooth and frothy, about 30-40 seconds. Add Focus/matcha, sweetener as needed and collagen (if using) and blend for an additional 5 seconds to incorporate.
- Enjoy immediately!
Although matcha is known for its earthiness, we’re about to sweeten the deal with some cacao butter lusciousness. This steaming elixir has all the comforting creaminess of white chocolate, but without the refined sugar and milk.
Any high quality matcha will work for this recipe, but we’re of course partial to Focus, JOYÀ’s matcha elixir blend. On top of ceremonial grade matcha, this blend is also made with potent adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms including moringa and ashwagandha. Together they create one brain stimulating blend to help hone your mental powers. Bet you never thought you could get your white chocolate kick and brain boost in the same sip, did you?
Pro Tip: Don’t use boiling water with matcha! We’re not just being pretentious, either. Boiling water destroys matcha, both its flavour and nutritional value. For optimal taste and nutrients, keep the water temperature at 175°F/80°C.
- 2-3 teaspoons JOYÀ’s Focus matcha elixir blend*
- 300 mL (1 ¼ cups, 10 oz) water heated to 175°F/80°C (see “Water Temperature” below)
- 1 tablespoon grated or finely chopped cacao butter
- ½ – 1 tablespoon coconut butter**
- Optional, for protein boost: 1 – 2 tablespoons collagen powder***
- Optional, to sweeten: raw honey, coconut sugar or soft Medjool dates (pitted), to taste****
- Optional, for extra frothiness: ½ – 1 teaspoon MCT oil or virgin coconut oil
*Focus includes moringa and a blend of potent, adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms, but if you don’t have any Focus on hand, you can substitute this with 1 teaspoon of good quality matcha powder.
**Alternatively sub ½ cup of the boiling water with heated full fat coconut milk.
***Look for high quality collagen from from grass-fed, pasture-raised bovine or wild-caught fish; omit collagen to keep recipe vegan.
****Avoid honey to keep recipe vegan; do not add sweetener or use a non/low-calorie and carbohydrate sweetener of choice such as monk fruit sweetener
If you don’t have a temperature controlled kettle, the best way to approximate the right water temperature is to bring water to a boil, pour the desired amount into a mug/cup, and then pour that water into the blender jar and follow the directions below.