TRUTH: your food is only as good as your ingredients.
We recently collaborated with our friends at Wedderspoon Manuka Honey, Sproud Plant Based Milk and Ground Up Nut Butters to create some delicious, superfood-packed recipes: a Cacao Nut Butter Latte, Cacao Nut Butter Chia Pudding and Pumpkin Brownies.
Here's the scoop: this superfood latte is delicious on its own, hot or iced, and it also serves an incredibly luscious and nutritious base for chia pudding. Read on below for these two recipes!
PLUS, all of these same ingredients can also be used to make these pumpkin brownies; just use Wedderspoon's Manuka honey, and one of Ground Up's delicious nut butters, and pair it with a nice tall glass of Sproud Plant based milk.
But it gets even better, friends. Not only did this collaboration result in superfood goodness - it also happens to feature an all-star lineup of super-brands!
- Along with their efforts to support bee conservation and sustainable honey production, Wedderspoon Manuka Honey hails from New Zealand, is packed with 60 different compounds, including antioxidants and polyphenols, making it a multitasking superfood.
- Sproud Plant Based Milk is a yellow split pea based eco-conscious milk alternative with a creamy and neutral taste and also happens to be one of the most sustainable sources of plant protein.
- Ground Up nut butters are deliciously and nutritiously hand crafted with unique flavor combinations, while also providing employement training opportunities for womxn overcoming adversity in the Portland area.
- And then there's JOYÀ, where we craft delicious, expertly-formulated botanical blends using only 100% pure certified organic or wild-crafted ingredients, packaged in either reusable or 100% compostable packaging, while also removing one pound of ocean-bound plastic from the environment for every product sold online.
Now how's that for super-yum recipes made from superfood ingredients from super-amazing brands?
For the superfood latte:
- 1 ½ - 2 cups Sproud plant-based milk (unsweetened, original or barista)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Bliss cacao elixir blend
- 1-2 squares JOYÀ chocolate (70% Dark or Coconut Milk)
- ½ - 1 tbsp Ground Up Cinnamon Snickerdoodle or Coconut Cardamom nut butter (more nut butter makes a creamier latte)
- 1 tsp or more Wedderspoon Manuka K-factor 16 honey, to taste
For chia pudding:
- 1 Superfood Cacao Nut Butter Latte recipe
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- optional: additional Wedderspoon Manuka K-factor 16 honey, to taste
- optional topping ideas: granola, berries other fruit, bee pollen, toasted coconut flakes, cacao nibs, coconut whipped cream, nut butter, toasted nuts or seed
To make latte:
Heat milk on the stovetop (or microwave) until it comes to a simmer.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth and frothy. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
Pour into a mug and enjoy!
To make chia pudding:
The night before you want to enjoy: combine chia seeds and superfood latte mix in a jar or bowl and whisk together. Let mixture sit for a few minutes and whisk again to remove clumps. Repeat the sitting and whisking one more time. Cover and place in fridge overnight.
When ready to eat: remove chia pudding from the fridge, give it a stir and check the texture. Since the chia seeds absorb all of the liquid, if the pudding is too thick, add a little more milk/latte mixture until you get the perfect texture
To serve: top the chia pudding with any toppings of your choice. Enjoy!