Peppermint and chocolate are a quintessential, and perhaps the most essential flavor combo of the holiday season. Rich chocolatey goodness paired with the refreshing flavor of mint scream "Happy Holidays!". Super-festive, and we're here for it!
But, most choco-mint holiday treats are packed with sugar and can leave you feeling not so festive...
So it's no surprise that we had to create our very own recipe. With blissful, adaptogenic Cacao Functional Blend, creamy nut milk and a drop or two of peppermint extract for that refreshing, signature touch, this steamy elixir is the perfect canvas for the endless possibilities of hot cacao toppings. We love an extra tall serving of coconut whipped cream with chocolate shavings or curls. Fluffy marshmallows come in as a close second.
Will you be sippin' on a Peppermint Hot Chocolate this holiday season?
- 1 ½ cups milk/mylk of choice (for a less rich version, substitute a portion with boiling water)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Cacao Functional Blend
- 1-2 drops of peppermint extract, to taste (*start with one - it's strong!)
- Optional for added chocolately richness: 2 squares (12 g) JOYÀ chocolate
- Optional for added sweetness: 1-2 soft pitted Medjool dates* OR honey OR maple syrup, to taste
- Optional (but recommened) toppings: whipped cream/coconut cream, shaved chocolate, marshmallows
Heat milk on the stovetop (or microwave) until it comes to a simmer.
Add Cacao Functional Blend, peppermint extract and sweetener (if using) and blend with a handheld frother. *If using dates and/or chocolate: add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness and mintiness if needed.
Pour hot chocolate into a mug, add toppings if using, and enjoy!