- Add all ingredients (except toppings/mix-ins) to a high-speed blender and blend until smooth and no chunks remain.
- Pour into glass(es), optionally add toppings/mix-ins and enjoy!
This Mexican Mesquite smoothie is the Aquarius smoothie from our Smoothie Horoscope collection. Just like the independent, creative and unique nature of Aquarius, this smoothie stands out from the rest. Keep reading and we'll show you why!
Raspberries, sweet potato, tahini, Cacao Functional Blend, cayenne and mesquite powder come together for this unique and flavorful combo. If you've never used (let alone heard of) mesquite powder, get ready to have your world rocked! While often associated with Barbeque sauce, mesquite is actually a legume that offers a distinct caramely, nutty flavor in addition to being a great source of protein and fiber. Mesquite powder can be used in baking, sprinkled on oatmeal, as a sweetener in coffee and most importantly, in delicious and nutritious smoothies.
This naturally sweet, fiber + protein + healthy fat rich combo with a touch of heat, elevated with our adaptogenic and immune supporting Cacao Functional Blend is the perfect celebration of unique and creative Aquarius.
So while it may only be Aquarius season for a few weeks, we suspect you'll be making this smoothie all year long.
- ¾ cup water or milk of choice
- ½ cup baked sweet potato (or 100% pure canned sweet potato puree)
- ½ cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1 tsp mesquite powder (optional but highly recommended!)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Cacao Functional Blend
- very small pinch ground cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ tbsp tahini (or sub with nut butter of your choice)
- sweetener of choice, to taste (e.g. soft pitted dates, raw honey, maple syrup)
- ½ tsp chia seeds
- handful of ice
Smoothie Illustration by Katie Smith