One of food's superpowers is its ability to allow us to experience other cultures, no passport required. And this Mexican Hot chocolate does just that! We've combined the adaptogenic powers and warming spice combo of our Bliss Cacao Elixir Blend with the traditional Mexican flavor combo of chili and chocolate. This cup of hot cacao is rich and creamy and will warm you up with its steamy coziness and (subtle) kick of heat.
Pro tip: chilled after blending, this cacao is also delicious served over ice!
- 1 ½ cups milk/mylk of choice (for a less rich version, substitute a portion with boiling water)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Bliss cacao elixir blend
- Small pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 squares (12 g) JOYÀ 70% or Coconut milk chocolate
- 1-2 soft pitted Medjool dates* OR honey OR maple syrup, to taste
- Optional for added creaminess: 1 tbsp tahini or nut butter
- Optional toppings: whipped cream/coconut cream, shaved chocolate
*If your dates are dry/hard, soak in hot water for 10 minutes before blending.
Heat milk on the stovetop (or microwave) until it comes to a simmer.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
Pour hot chocolate into a mug, add toppings if using and enjoy!