You don't often see lavender and chocolate together, and we're not quite sure why. They make an incredible flavor combo! The richness of the cacao in our Cacao Elixir and handcrafted chocolate bars, paired with the unique and distinct flavor of lavender will rock your world; in a subtle, calming way of course.
Lavender is known for many things, but most commonly as a calming and relaxing herb and scent. For that reason alone, lavender is a perfect complement to the calming and stress-supporting benefits of our Cacao Elixir. So while you can drink this lavender hot chocolate at any time, we recommend a cup as you wind down from a busy day.
- 1 ½ cups milk/mylk of choice (for a less rich version, substitute a portion with boiling water)
- ¼ tsp dried culinary lavender buds
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Bliss cacao elixir blend
- 2 squares (12 g) JOYÀ 70% or Coconut milk chocolate
- honey* OR maple syrup OR 1-2 soft pitted Medjool dates**, to taste
- Optional toppings: whipped cream/coconut cream, shaved chocolate
*We love how honey complements this drink, but use another sweetener alternative if you need to keep it vegan.
**If your dates are dry/hard, soak in hot water for 10 minutes before blending.
In a small saucepan, combine lavender buds and milk, and heat on the stovetop until it comes to a simmer. Cover, remove from the heat and let the lavender infuse into the milk for 10-15 minutes. Strain out lavender.
Add all ingredients to a blender and blend until completely smooth. Taste and adjust sweetness if needed.
Pour hot chocolate into a mug, add toppings if using and enjoy!