We're devouring these Golden Peanut Butter Turmeric Chocolate Cups today in celebration of Peanut Butter + Chocolate Day, but you'll want to keep a stash of these delicious bites on hand at all times. Like you, we thought that the classic PB+C duo was something not to be messed around with. But then our friend Nikki Jahnke came along and created magic by mixing in some JOYÀ Turmeric Functional Blend.
What do you get when you mix rich dark chocolate, smooth, creamy peanut butter, intoxicating spices and deeply nourishing adaptogenic herbs? You'll have to make a batch to find out.
Peanut Butter Filling:
- ½ cup (120 g) creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup (80 g) maple syrup
- 2 tbsp (24 g) coconut oil, melted
- 1 tsp JOYÀ Turmeric Functional Blend (or more, to taste)
- Melt the chocolate over a double boiler, stirring continuously as it begins to melt.
- Once melted, pour half of the melted chocolate into silicone molds or a regular sized muffin tin with liners, filling 8-10 molds/liners. Freeze for 10 minutes while you make the peanut butter layer.
- Add peanut butter, maple syrup and coconut oil to a microwavable bowl and microwave for 15-20 seconds. Stir, add in JOYÀ Turmeric Blend and stir again.
- Spoon about 1.5 tablespoons of the peanut butter mixture onto each chocolate base, flatten the top, and cover with remaining melted chocolate. Freeze until set, about 15-20 minutes.
Transfer peanut butter cups to an airtight container and store in the fridge.