If you like to consume your turmeric in the form of an iced latte, then these golden milk popsicles are for you. They’re all the flavour and health benefits you love, molded into everyone’s favourite summer treat. Who knew superfoods could be so summer-lovin’? Stay gold, friends!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup nut milk* (or another 1 cup coconut milk)
- 40 g (about ¼ cup) macadamias or cashews**
- 1/2 banana
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- raw honey*** to taste (2 tablespoons will get you mildly sweet popsicles)
- small pinch sea salt
- 1 tablespoon Joya Glow elixir blend
- optional: bee pollen*** to mix in
*We prefer a rich and creamy homemade nut milk such as macadamia or cashew, but any store-bought nut milk will work in a pinch
**Alternatively, you can use the same amount of leftover pulp from making homemade nut milk
***Replace honey with maple syrup and omit bee pollen to make the popsicles vegan
- Blend all ingredients (except the bee pollen to fold in) together in a blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, filling molds 1/3 at a time and layering in a sprinkle of bee pollen after each third. Using a skewer, chopstick, or knife, give the mixture in each mold a quick stir to distribute the bee pollen.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen solid. Run outside of mold under a bit of hot water to loosen and remove popsicles.