What's that one dessert that is delicious warm or cold? One that goes well with ice cream, or fresh fruit or caramel, all three or even with nothing at all? I'm talking about brownies.
Our friend and cacao queen, Sloane Elizabeth, developed this classic brownie recipe featuring our handcrafted chocolate, both melted into the batter and sprinkled on top. Her paleo brownie recipe is max on flavor, while remaining refined-sugar free, gluten-free and dairy-free. The rich brownie goodness is amplified with nut butter and our very own Cacao Blend, which is jam packed with adaptogenic herbs and mushrooms. How's that for extra brownie points? So whether it's some holiday baking you have in the works or you're just craving some chocolately goodness, consider these brownies as your next healthy and delicious treat!
- 2 bars JOYÀ 70% Dark Chocolate or 61.5% Coconut Milk Dark Chocolate + otionally 2 extra bars ( ~ ⅓ cup) as chocolate chunks
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp nut or seed butter
- ¼ cup water
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup cassava flour
- 3 tbsp JOYÀ Cacao Functional Blend or Dutch processed cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp fine sea salt
- 2 tbsp coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a loaf pan or 8x8 baking pan with parchment and set aside.
- Melt chocolate and coconut oil over a double boiler (or a stainless steel bowl placed over a pot of simmering water), stirring continuously.
- In a separate bowl, beat eggs until super fluffy. Whisk in chocolate and coconut oil mixture and add the maple syrup, nut butter, water and vanilla to the bowl.
- Mix in dry ingredients, leaving the chocolate chunks to stir in at the end.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan and spread evenly.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, ~20-25 mins.
- Remove from the oven and let cool in the pan on a cooling rack before slicing into squares.
- Store brownies airtight at room temperature for up to 2 days or covered and refrigerated for up to 5 days.