Coconut Matcha Protein Energy Balls
Yield: 12-15 Balls
Paleo, Grain-free, Gluten-free, Refined Sugar-free, Dairy-free, Vegan Optional
Matcha is a superfood that seriously fuels. It’s a powerful antioxidant that both energizes and calms the body — which is why we love the idea of using it in protein energy balls. In this recipe, matcha is mixed with plant-based protein powders, nut or seed butters, and healthy fats like coconut oil to create two-bites of energizing bliss.
This recipe is almost a one-bowl wonder. That said, it’s still incredibly easy to prepare. You can also make this recipe in bulk and store the energy balls in the freezer to create a healthy on-the-go snack. These energy protein balls can frozen for up to 30 days, but don’t be surprised if they’re all consumed well before then!
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 scoop (15g) Vital Proteins’ Matcha Collagen or JOYÀ Focus matcha elixir blend*
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
- 2 tbsp (30g) vanilla protein powder, or unflavoured protein powder of your choice**
- 1/2 cup tahini or almond butter or peanut butter
- 1/4 cup virgin coconut oil
- Optional: 1 tbsp ghee (like Lee’s Provisions’ maple-infused ghee)***
- 1/2 cup coconut flour (to coat the balls)
* To keep the recipe vegan, use regular matcha or JOYÀ’s Focus.
** Use a plant-based protein powder to keep the recipe vegan.
*** To keep the recipe vegan, sub with another fat like coconut oil or nut butter.