Those palm ribs of my favorite coconut tree;
Where trunk is towering up and high.
Like birds soaring high in sky.
The fruits may be hard outside
but there's a clear and soft heart inside,
The juice within can make me strong
And make my joyful life so long.
My tree is always proud to stand
Where roots are tightly holding grounds;
At night when stars and moon are bright,
My tree smiles in perfect sight.
O dear O lovely coconut tree
Be still today, thanks for inspiring me.
- Ode to My Coconut Tree by Michael Flores Caasi
Medium-chain Saturated Fats, Folate, Potassium, Magnesium, Fiber
Coconut is a superfood rich in high quality saturated fatty acids, fiber, vitamins and minerals that is incredibly healthy, nourishing and versatile! Coconut oil, coconut milk, shredded and flaked dried coconut, coconut water, coconut chips, coconut meat, coconut sugar, coconut butter and coconut flour are all gaining popularity for their countless applications and health benefits.
Coconut’s fat content is predominantly made up of medium-chain triglycerides (MCTs), a form of saturated fatty acid that has numerous health benefits:
- your body burns MCTs as energy or “fuel”, thereby boosting your metabolism and helping your body burn fat, while storing very little as fat
- help keep you feeling full and satisfied longer
- help reduce insulin spikes
- help support improved cognitive function
- support your gut: the predominant fatty acid - lauric acid - provides antibacterial, antiviral and antimicrobial benefits, combatting harmful bacteria, viruses and parasites
How to enjoy
In baked goods, as cooking oil, in granola, in our vegan and paleo-friendly "coconut milk" chocolate, our pina colada and matcha-pistachio bliss balls, and as a natural skin moisturizer and lip balm!