Your eyes aren’t playing tricks on you. It’s true. We want you to use your tahini in something other than hummus! When it’s this hot out, we’re always trying to find ways to eat our favorite foods frozen or chilled – and that includes tahini. Get ready for a creamy tahini treat whipped up with caramelized bananas and coconut milk.
For the Caramelized Banana
- 1 small (or half a large) banana
- pinch of smoked or regular cinnamon
- optional: 1-2 tsp Kinsip chilli espresso bitters
For the Popsicles
- Caramelized banana: Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Cut banana into 1/4 inch pieces. In a small bowl, toss banana with cinnamon and, if using, bitters. Spread banana on baking sheet and roast until tender and caramelized, about 5 minutes. Remove from oven, transfer parchment with banana pieces to a plate and place in the freezer to chill while preparing the popsicle base.
- Popsicles: Add coconut milk, nuts and water to a blender and blend on high speed for 30 seconds. Add dates and blend for another 30 seconds. Add remaining ingredients (except cacao nibs or chocolate) and blend for a final 30 seconds.
- Pour mixture into popsicle molds, filling molds 1/3 at a time and layering in a few pieces of roasted banana and some cacao nibs or chocolate after each third.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen solid. Run outside of mold under a bit of hot water to loosen and remove popsicles.