Let's chat about our favorite fall/winter breakfast. When the temperatures cool down, all we crave is cozy, and this luscious, grain-free, warming bowl hits the spot every single time. Intoxicating spices, earthy cacao, creamy tahini and the perfect amount of sweetness from date or maple syrup come together like magic in this Middle Eastern-inspired power breakfast.
We'd devour it daily just for the mind-blowing flavors, but it keeps getting better. Rich in healthy omega essential fats, plant-based protein and fibre, this hot cereal will keep you satiated. And the star of the show: our calming, stress-supporting, immune-boosting Bliss cacao elixir blend. Get cozy and dig in!
- 3 tbsp buckwheat or quinoa flakes (or a mix)
- 1 tbsp buckwheat groats
- 2 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- small pinch sea salt
- small pinch vanilla powder (or ¼ tsp vanilla extract)
- ¼ cup full fat coconut milk (or other plant-based milk of choice)
- 1 tbsp JOYÀ Bliss cacao elixir
- 1-2 tbsp tahini (*the runny kind)
- 1-2 tbsp date or maple syrup
- optional toppings: tahini, date/maple syrup, hemp seeds, berries, sliced bananas
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine buckwheat/quinoa flakes, buckwheat groats, shredded coconut, chia seeds and salt. Add 1 cup hot or boiling water and whisk to combine.
- Turn heat down to a simmer and stir every 30 seconds. When the porridge starts to get thick, add milk and vanilla.
- After 5 minutes of cooking, add Bliss elixir, date syrup and tahini and stir well to combine.
- Pour porridge into a bowl, optionally top with more tahini and date or maple syrup and other toppings of choice, and enjoy!