As temperatures continue to peak, perk yourself up with the most refreshing popsicle yet. These purple beauties are a swirl of fresh and juicy blueberries, made aromatic with fragrant lavender and zesty basil. They’ll be sure to keep you cool as we come into the dog days of summer — just make sure to share them with all the other hot dogs out there!
- 1 cup full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup nut milk* 40 g (about 1/4 cup) macadamias or cashews (or the same amount of leftover pulp from making homemade nut milk)
- 1 tbsp dried lavender 10 leaves Thai basil (or other basil)
- 1/2 banana
- 1 tbsp coconut butter
- 1 tbsp tahini 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 heaping cup blueberries (optional: plus some more for swirling into the popsicles)
- raw honey, to taste (2 tbsp will get you mildly sweet popsicles)
- small pinch sea salt
- In a small saucepan, combine coconut milk and nut milk, lavender and basil leaves. Bring mixture to a light simmer, remove from heat, cover and let steep 20-30 minutes.
- Pour steeped milk into a blender through a sieve, straining out the solids.
- Blend all ingredients (except the extra blueberries to fold in) together in the blender until smooth.
- Pour mixture into popsicles mold, filling molds 1/3 at a time and layering in a few blueberries after each third.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours or until frozen solid. Run outside of mold under a bit of hot water to loosen and remove popsicles.